Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Getting there is half the fun.

I have a knot in my calf.
My faculty meeting ran over 15 minutes, not getting me home until close to 5.
I have a project due on Friday.
I have two classes worth of autobiographies to review.
I have to create a pop quiz for tomorrow and notebook checklists for Thursday.
I've got a lot on my plate with the end of the marking period.
I was quite content with the idea of coming home, walking Lucy, and packing it in.

Then I remembered that The Biggest Loser is on tonight and I couldn't live with myself if I watched it without going to the gym.

So, I went, and I did the "foot hills" on the eliptical at level 15 for 30 minutes, burning 430 calories in the process. Thank god for my addiction to The Biggest Loser and my nasty guilt if I watch it without having worked out that day.

What motivates you to get yourself to the gym when you can think of every excuse not to?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's impressive! Some days it's SO hard to get to the gym. Knowing how much better you'd feel watching Biggest Loser after working out sounds like a great way to motivate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time motivating myself to get to the gym when I work days. But when I work nights and when I am off going to Zumba class motivates me... I love that class.

    ReplyDelete