Saturday, January 30, 2010

1 mile.

Today, the girl who quit soccer because her coach was going to make her run, who took 20 minutes to "run" the mile in middle school, who always made excuses why she WOULDN'T run (waiting to lose weight, waiting for summer, chest hurts), RAN A MILE without stopping. And she did it in 15 minutes.

If that isn't the success of all successes so far. :)

I have never felt more proud of myself. I wanted to tell every single person at the gym on my way out that I, Heather Frank, had just run a mile. My first mile EVER. A mile 25 years in the making. It didn't HURT, it just sucked. Like, I knew I could do it, but I would rather have been doing anything else in the world for those 15 minutes. I put "Shake It" by Metro Station on repeat and let my feet fall into the beat.

I ran it while I was there with my friend Jenn. Every time I hit a good marker, 1/4 mile, 1/3 mile, 1/2 mile, I'd look at her and yell it. People probably thought I was nuts. What a damn good feeling.

By the way, this makes my NEW mile time 15 minutes. That's 50 seconds faster than 2 weeks ago.

I can't wipe the smile off my face. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment