Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow.

I'm tired of the snow. This weekend, we got around 20 inches. I live on top of a hill and drive a little sedan. If it snows, I'm snowed in. If I had a treadmill, I wouldn't complain, but I live in a 2nd floor apartment and can't really workout the way I'd like to when I'm home. So, Saturday consisted of three miles of Walk away the Pounds and Sunday I was out of comission from the cold, but I did get Lucy out for two walks in the snow.

I did a mile walk yesterday morning, Zumba, and two Lucy walks. I didn't have time to make it to the gym on top of that, but I didn't think I would need it. Plus, when I left Zumba, my right knee was really messed up. Tonight, I planned on going to the gym after a 4 PM meeting thinking that the snow wasn't supposed to get heavy until dark. Wrong. Luckily, I walked laps around the lower level of the building for about 40 minutes with two of my coworkers so I did get some activity in.. but once again, not as intense as I'd like.

I'm assuming tomorrow will be a snow day and I'm not going to be able to get out of the apartment because we're looking at close to another 20" of snow. I'm planning on doing half an hour of stairclimbing on my own stairs. Plus either yoga or strength training and the three-mile walk. AND I need to do some serious cleaning, which will also keep me off my butt.

I just hate working out inside.

I'm frustrated because I want to work on training for the 5K, the Mega, and the school's Biggest Loser contest. I need to work on keeping my eating under control while I'm snowed in because I usually just want to eat. I REALLY want to win the Biggest Loser contest, but with losses like this week, it's not going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment